1. This tournament is open to all registered hockey teams. The team should be registered under an established organization such as the State/District Hockey Association, Institution of Higher Learning or Club.
2. The number of players are as follows:
- Men’s & Boy’s categories: 6 players (Minimum) & 8 players (Maximum) per team
- Women’s & Girl’s categories: 7 players (Minimum) & 9 players (Maximum) per team
3. All games will be played on well-turfed grass pitches in the campus.
4. Participant’s age will be determined as of 1st January 2016.
- Under-12 born on or after 1st January 2005
- Under-15 born on or after 1st January 2002
- Under-18 born on or after 1st January 1999
Please be informed that the players must produce the original Identity Card/Passport (Open Categories), certified true copy of the Identity Card/Birth Certificate/Passport (Junior Categories) during registration.
5. Name list of players must be handed in on the day of registration. The entry fee must be enclosed with the entry form. Entry fee is not refundable.
6. Teams without an affiliation stamp will not be accepted. For teams from schools, colleges or universities the affiliation is done by the Head of Institution or Department.
As well as enjoying thrilling hockey matches at the Minden Field, explore the fascinating history, culture and sights of Penang !
Penang, commonly referred to as the Pearl of the Orient, is one of Asia’s famous islands where it entices many tourists who are drawn to the beautiful beaches and the deep culture embedded within the island. Recently Penang was declared as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Penang is bursting with attractions, events and activities to keep you entertained. Whether you want to admire great art, eat delicious food from around the world or indulge in some retail therapy, Penang has it all!
Check out the following links and indulge into the wonders of Penang !
Whether you're coming by plane, train or automobile, it's important to plan your journey to Padang Minden Universiti Sains Malaysia (Google map link) for Pesta Hoki 2016
There are plenty of routes available for you to take, from hopping on the famous Penang Ferry to going by our very own Rapid Penang bus.
- Arriving from Penang Bridge
Take the exit and keep right at the fork. Take the USM exit from the bridge into Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah and turn left into the USM Batu Uban Gate into Jalan Universiti. Please refer to this map http://maps.usm.my/campus/ and lookout for Padang A.
- Arriving from Penang Airport
Head northeast on Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah heading towards Jalan Sungai Tiram, turn left into the USM Batu Uban Gate into Jalan Universiti.
- Other Routes to Padang Minden USM
You could always hoop on the Rapid Penang bus which has great access to USM. Visit http://www.rapidpg.com.my/ to plan your routes.
Where to Stay