Fancy getting involved in the day-to-day running of a major field hockey tournament and gaining an understanding of the behind-the-scenes activity that makes a major international sporting event become the greatest show on earth?
Well now is your opportunity.
Over the years, thousands of hardworking volunteers have committed to the success of Pesta Hoki. We call them the Pesta Hoki Makers, without whom, Pesta Hoki wouldn’t be possible.
People willing to offer their time and services are always required to ensure the smooth running of field hockey tournaments. Being a Pesta Hoki Maker is no exception.
Become a Pesta Hoki Maker NOW by volunteering at the 44th Pesta Hoki USM-Penang International 2017!
10 Reasons to volunteer
- Experience working at an international sport event
- Gain new skills and experience in your area of volunteer work
- Gain communication and leadership skills
- As part of the team, you receive Pesta Hoki T-shirts and other souvenirs for your role during the event
- Receive a certificate of appreciation - a record of your achievement to place on your resume
- Gain myCSD points
- Become an ambassador, not only for Pesta Hoki but for Universiti Sains Malaysia and Penang
- Meet inspirational people -VIPs, athletes, coaches, officials and other volunteers
- Gain personal satisfaction and a sense of pride in contributing to an event that benefits our community in so many ways
- Meet new people from different backgrounds and make lifelong friendships with people from all over the world
Pesta Hoki Makers Job Roles
Volunteers are required to carry out essential roles during the 3 days of pulsating, high profile on-field action. Job roles available include:
- Naib Pengerusi 1 (NP1)
- Naib Pengerusi 2 (NP2)
- Naib Pengerusi 3 (NP3)
- Coordinators & Assistant Coordinators
- Field Marshalls
No experience of field hockey or event management is necessary. Anyone wishing to apply must be prepared to offer their time throughout the full three days of the championships, including evening and weekend shifts.